CHALLENGE 19... SPOTTING URANUS

First of all it is pronounced your -a-nuss like in your-a-bus. Not the usual way ninnies pronounce it (insert eye-roll).

Now let's get down to some planetary business. I knew that planet was going to be in our skies, I planned on observing it but, when Phil challenges us to spot it, get your scopes out!  According to his chart in the book Uranus was going to be visible September 29 so I was hoping it will be sparkling clear skies and it happened.

Beautiful blue color just pops out and it is a really nice planet to observe. I spotted that and Neptune in 2003 with my 8 inch dobsonian. This challenge brings my 12 inch dobsonian it's first time pooping it into it's eyepiece.

Telescope: 12 inch dobsonian
Eyepieces: 25mm and 10mm
Extra's: 2x Barlow lens

Yes I used my barlow lens on Uranus too. My Barlow is like Franks hot sauce, I put that sh*t on everything!   The Barlow is a telescope user's best tool.

No comments: